Immunisation is an important tool in disease prevention in the workforce. Employees can be protected from illnesses be ensuring they have had the correct vaccinations. Immunisation against flu or during travel protects individuals from common risks. Immunisation can also protect certain individuals following exposure to certain infective agents.
Appropriate vaccination against infectious diseases is a mainstay in preventing the development of infections. For employers, it is necessary to comply with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, and vaccination is often a part of this provision under the COSHH regulations.
Healthwork is able to provide a wide range of vaccinations. Healthwork has many years of experience in providing vaccinations for individuals including employees and members of the public and of running large scale vaccination programmes for employers. We have worked with large employers such as NHS trusts and private sector employers to organise screenings and mass vaccination programmes for Hepatitis B, varicella, measles, mumps, rubella, TB and seasonal influenza.
Healthwork can provide advice regarding the vaccinations an individual may require for a particular job role, together with administration of the vaccine. We can also work with employers at a strategic level to provide advice regarding the need for vaccination of staff, depending up the nature of job roles.
We can arrange for vaccinations such as the seasonal flu or swine flu vaccinations to be given onsite to employees or to employees and members of the public from our offices in Manchester.
Healthworks trained and experienced occupational health staff are able to provide advice and deliver appropriate immunsation and vaccination schedules, backed up by our specialist and experienced Consultant level Occupational Health Physicians.
Wide range of vaccinations
Healthwork offers a full range of immunisations including:
- Flu vaccination
- Hepatitis B
- Yellow fever (Healthork is a UK Yellow Fever centre)
- Hepatitis A
- Healthwork are proud to announce that we are now able to offer Aviation medicals for private pilots and cabin crew
- Healthwork Alert - Number 55 NEW State of the art MRI scanning and imaging facilities
- NEW Healthy Back ProgrammeTM
- HAVS Courses 21st - 22nd June 2018
- New Service – Aviation Medicals
- New Liverpool Office
- Dates Announced for Spring 2018 Courses - Case Management, Report Writing and Chester Step Test Courses All Available to Book Now.
- Australian flu
- Health Promotion Activities - Alcohol Awareness
- Alcohol Awareness Week