HAVS Refresher Training Course
This is a 1 day Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) refresher course.
The course will take place in Manchester.
Course Date 9th of November 2018 and the next one on 8th of November 2019.
The course is aimed at health professionals working in the UK occupational health setting. The course will provide refresher training in HAVS, and is designed as a follow on and refresher for those who have attended the full 2 day HAVS course.
The course will cover:
- Background to HAVS
- Legal requirements and risk assessment
- Health effects of HAVS
- Health surveillance for a workforce exposed to hand transmitted vibration – tiered approach
- Clinical assessment of HAVS cases
- Clinical management of an individual with HAVS
- Worked case examples
- Demonstration of the use of vibration monitoring equipment and HAVS clinical assessment equipment
The course is practical in nature with a variety of learning techniques such as classroom teaching and small group work/case discussion.
Is the course for me?
The course is primarily designed for occupational health nurses, occupational health technicians, occupational health physicians, GPs and health and safety professionals.
What’s the Price?
£350 per person, plus VAT (All course material, refreshments/lunch will be included on the day, and a certificate of attendance will be provided.)
Where is the Course?
The Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Elliott House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WD
Who are the educators?
Speakers on our courses include Dr Tok Hussain, Dr Shaun Austin, Diana Kloss, and other occupational health nurse advisers and occupational health physicians.
How do I book?
For further details please ring Kadie Mannion on 0161 831 9701 or email email@example.com, or book using the "book online" link below.
Bookings and payments must be made 3 weeks before the start of the course date, any requests after will not be valid.
Cancellation or Non-Attendance:
2-5 clear working days’ notice before date of the training course day Half Fee
Cancellation within the 2 clear working days before the training course day Full Fee
- Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome - Case Study
- World Mental Health Day
- National Work Life Week
- Aviation medicals for pilots and cabin crew
- Healthwork Alert - Number 55 NEW State of the art MRI scanning and imaging facilities
- NEW Healthy Back ProgrammeTM
- HAVS Courses 21st - 22nd June 2018
- New Service – Aviation Medicals
- New Liverpool Office
- Dates Announced for Spring 2018 Courses - Case Management, Report Writing and Chester Step Test Courses All Available to Book Now.