Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) Faculty of Medicine (FOM) approved Training Course
Unfortunately due to the current climate (COVID-19), we will be suspending all training courses until further notice.
Thank you in advance for your support.
This is a two day Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM) approved training course.
The next course will take place on 4th and 5th June 2020.
The course will take place in Central Manchester, and is designed for occupational health doctors, occupational health nurses, technicians, GPs and health and safety professionals The course has been developed by the team at Healthwork in conjunction and with full approval of the FOM.
The course is aimed at health professionals working in the occupational health setting.
The course will provide full training in HAVS, and will cover:
- Legal requirements and risk assessment
- Occupational hygiene
- Health surveillance for a workforce exposed to hand transmitted vibration - tiered approach
- Clinical assessment of HAVS
- Clinical management of an individual with HAVS
- Worked case examples
- Demonstration of tools, measuring equipment such as accelerometers, and clinical equipment/ clinical techniques.
Our expert educators will include Dr Tok Hussain, Dr Shaun Austin, Dr Adrian Hirst and Diana Kloss.
This course is designed to be practical in nature and will feature demonstration, small group work and workshop sessions.
Is the course for me?
Everyone is welcome to attend. The course is primarily designed for occupational health doctors, occupational health nurses, technicians, GPs and health and safety professionals.
What’s the price?
£795 per person, excluding VAT (to include access to all course material, certificate, CPD points, lunch and refreshments).
Where is the course?
The Midland Hotel, Central Manchester ((View map).
Further details / How do I book?
For further details please ring Lisa Charles on 0161 831 9701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org , or book using the "book online" link below.
Bookings and payments must be made 3 weeks before the start of the course date, any requests after will not be valid.
Cancellation or Non-Attendance:
2-5 clear working days’ notice before date of the training course day Half Fee.
Cancellation within the 2 clear working days before the training course day Full Fee.
- How Healthwork helped bowl out Coronavirus to bring back International Cricket
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Healthwork working together to create a safe space and place for the return of Cricket.
- Obesity as a risk factor for COVID-19 Podcast
- Workers at high risk of COVID-19 Podcast
- Lockdown easing podcast
- Dexamethasone Podcast
- COVID-19 risk assessment and audit podcast
- Returning to work after COVID-19 lockdown podcast
- Healthwork Coronavirus (COVID-19) Podcast
- COVID-19 Returning Employees to Work Surveillance Scheme