Lead & Asbestos Training Course
This new and exciting one day course is designed for occupational health doctors, occupational health nurses, GPs and health and safety professionals.
The course has been developed in a collaboration between the University of Manchester Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) and Healthwork.
The course is on Friday 19th October 2018 and the next course is on the 11th October 2019.
The emphasis will be on medical aspects of asbestos and lead exposures and health surveillance in line with The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations and the Lead at Work Regulations.
Our expert educators will include an occupational hygienist, occupational physicians, HSE appointed doctors and physicians who have worked at and advised the HSE on asbestos and lead health effects and health surveillance.
This course is designed to be practical in nature and will feature small group work and workshop sessions. The course will feature:
- Regulatory factors
- Occupational hygiene and risk control
- Health surveillance and HSE appointed doctor work
- Practical worked examples
Is the course for me?
Everyone is welcome to attend. The course is primarily designed for occupational health doctors, occupational health nurses, GPs and health and safety professionals. Doctors who are appointed by the HSE or who wish to become appointed will find the course particularly helpful.
What’s the Price?
£350 per person, plus VAT (to include access to all course material, certificate, CPD points, lunch and refreshments).
Where is the Course?
The Midland Hotel, Central Manchester (View map).
Further details / How do I book?
For further details please ring Kadie Mannion on 0161 831 9701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or book using the "book online" link below.
Bookings and payments must be made 3 weeks before the start of the course date, any requests after will not be valid.
Cancellation or Non-Attendance:
2-5 clear working days’ notice before date of the training course day Half Fee
Cancellation within the 2 clear working days before the training course day Full Fee
- Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome - Case Study
- World Mental Health Day
- National Work Life Week
- Aviation medicals for pilots and cabin crew
- Healthwork Alert - Number 55 NEW State of the art MRI scanning and imaging facilities
- NEW Healthy Back ProgrammeTM
- HAVS Courses 21st - 22nd June 2018
- New Service – Aviation Medicals
- New Liverpool Office
- Dates Announced for Spring 2018 Courses - Case Management, Report Writing and Chester Step Test Courses All Available to Book Now.