Occupational Health News & Alerts - Archived News - 2019
15 - Clinical Update: Influenza 'Flu'
Influenza is a virus that is found in animals and humans. Many strains are recognised; an important characterisation of the organism is its propensity to undergo minor or major changes in genetic profile (antigenic drift or shift). Influenza is highly infectious and spreads rapidly in closed communities. The incubation period 1-5 days (average 2-3 days) though may be longer especially in people with immune deficiency.
Occupational health merger creates regional heavyweight
'Hear The Music'
The Royal Opera House (ROH) in London has been found liable for hearing damage sustained by one of its viola players in a landmark ruling.
Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome - Case Study
Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS)
An engineering company in Rochdale has been fined after a 29 year old worker was diagnosed with Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome.
Healthwork are committed to protecting the health of working people – are you doing everything you can to protect the health or workers? We can assist you with appropriate health surveillance…….
- Vaccinating against COVID19 Podcast
- How Healthwork helped bowl out Coronavirus to bring back International Cricket
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Healthwork working together to create a safe space and place for the return of Cricket.
- Obesity as a risk factor for COVID-19 Podcast
- Workers at high risk of COVID-19 Podcast
- Lockdown easing podcast
- Dexamethasone Podcast
- COVID-19 risk assessment and audit podcast
- Returning to work after COVID-19 lockdown podcast
- Healthwork Coronavirus (COVID-19) Podcast